Today’s photograph is of the M. V. Foxton berthed at the Dairy Coolstores on the wharf at Patea. In October 1929 the M. V. Foxton made her first visit to the Patea Port. Ths ship was a twin-screw diesel ship built from kauri by George Niccol of Auckland especially for the ports of Foxton and Kaiapoi. Owned by the Canterbury Steamship Company, the M. V. Foxton was their only New Zealand built ship, their first motor ship and the first ship built to their orders which would carry 325 tons of cargo at 10.6 knots. If you have more information about this photo, or to order a copy, contact the museum on 0800 111 323 or email@example.com, Aotea Utanganui Museum of South Taranaki Heritage Collection (0-167.2).
Published by Aotea Utanganui Museum of South Taranaki
Aotea Utanganui is a purpose-built museum that embodies the spirit and energy of the South Taranaki region. The museum plays an active role within our community both today and for the future. A museum that is welcoming and inspirational while striving towards excellence in research, curatorship, preservation and educational engagement. A modern museum with ambitious future plans, prepared to embrace the digital age. We achieve this through: Collaboration, Creativity, Innovation & Flexibility View all posts by Aotea Utanganui Museum of South Taranaki