This photo is of McCarty & Hunger Blacksmiths, Patea, which was established in 1878 in Dorset Street, Patea. Rudolph Hunger is shown at left, and painter Fred Hill is in a white apron. Incredibly, the business still exists today, and is in the care of Johnny Hunger.
Published by Aotea Utanganui Museum of South Taranaki
Aotea Utanganui is a purpose-built museum that embodies the spirit and energy of the South Taranaki region. The museum plays an active role within our community both today and for the future. A museum that is welcoming and inspirational while striving towards excellence in research, curatorship, preservation and educational engagement. A modern museum with ambitious future plans, prepared to embrace the digital age. We achieve this through: Collaboration, Creativity, Innovation & Flexibility View all posts by Aotea Utanganui Museum of South Taranaki